Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Eternal Torment of an Artist


I've always been hesitant to call myself an artist. I've never been 100% please with any of my completed works. Part of this is that I'm incredibly lazy when it comes to putting concepts into action. I look for the easiest route and most of the time the end result is sloppy.

Anything good that comes about seems like dumb luck. Even when I write, I just let the words slide out without planning anything out. I never create outlines or follow a template.

The above artwork (if you can call it that) was painted on a metal casing from a broken DVD player. I used acrylic paint on metal. Typically a no-no as any real artist knows. You can clearly see the brush strokes and the bristles that came off of the brush as I worked. I used masking tape to separate the colors. One mistake was that I painted the entire surface brown and then blue on top. The sun was made by putting some paint on a water bottle cap and pressing it to the surface. I then added lettering.

If anyone wants to but this piece of crap, I'd gladly sell if for $10. All major forms of cash accepted.

No comments:

Blog Archive