Saturday, March 23, 2013

32313 - Self-Loathing

Self-loathing by Meztone


“When we don't know who to hate, we hate ourselves.” 
― Chuck Palahniuk, Invisible Monsters


I have recently realized that I often hesitate to bring up my own personal issues with others as I am afraid of burdening them. I don't seek help until I am near desperation [or deeply entrenched in it]. I have an overwhelming sense of self-reliance and am reluctant to trust other people, even those closest to me. I sometimes make things worse [by doing this], often to my own determent, then feel guilty when I need rescued. I [very] often feel like I have to fix everyone else's problems before I attend to myself. I see this as a flaw and the guilt deepens. The guilt festers and becomes self-loathing.

No comments:

Blog Archive